Start with a Reliable Web Host & Management
- Most developers have their hosting & website management already under control, however as you & I continue to build new websites, and as WordPress continues to evolve, there are always new a different techniques as to how we should be designing the backend structure of our new sites.
How to Technically Design & Set Up your Home Page vs EVERY OTHER PAGE, POST, etc…
- Depending on your WordPress Theme, use a page editor such as WP Bakery, Elementor, Live Composer, etc to create and help design ONLY your Home Page.
- EVERY OTHER PAGE, all other pages & posts should be created via WordPress’s new Blocks Editor, which also allows yourself and clients to update their website via iOS & Android WordPress App.
- The combination of these two technologies will leave your website structure very simple, and extremely compatible moving forward in the future.
- If you need, feel free to use the same editor from the homepage to create any other special pages where you need more visual stimulating pages, however most pages in general should be focused on your content and staying SEO Friendly, versus crazy visual pages all over your website that is challenging for everyone to read, including Search Engines. Most typical website visitors are not necessarily going to enjoy this experience on your website.
- Your theme header/menu should be on top of the site, with a footer at the bottom, and everything else content-wise, will live in-between these two areas. You don’t need to get crazy with how the content looks inside this area. Keep it Simple, SEO Friendly, and Compatible for the Future.
Modifying your WordPress Theme
- DO NOT purchase & use any unpopular WordPress Themes that do not have any support behind them. The more popular the better, how often do you run across 2 websites with the same WordPress Theme? It almost doesn’t even exist.
- DO NOT alter any WordPress Theme Files, always use CSS Code to make theme changes. Use a Plugin for this.
- Use a Caching Plugin to speed up your website.
- Use a Contact Form Database Plugin to record a backup of all of your Contact Form Entries.
- Make sure you have a reliable Website Backup source incase of any disaster.